This crockpot meal cooks a long time. The meat on the top sheds its fat and flavor through the whole dish. At the end you cut up the meat and stir all of it together resulting in a thick stew.
Beef Steaks over Potatoes and Veggies
- 8 medium potatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, sliced and quartered Any squash, pumpkin, or sweet potato would work.
- Enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot
- 2 cups stalks celery, chopped A total of 2 cups of celery, onion, and/or garlic would work.
- 1 quart frozen Swiss chard, thawed 1.5 lb. of a cooked green would work.
- 2 beef steaks, thawed Any pork or beef steak would work.
- Thaw meat; prep veggies.
- Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 the squash, 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the squash in the crockpot. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover the squash with the celery. Cover the celery with the Swiss chard.
- Put the steaks on the top of the chard. The crockpot will be full. Make sure the lid is down all the way on the crockpot.
- Cook for 8-9 hours on low. Turn off, take off lid and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut up the steaks, add back to the crockpot. Stir the stew until the meat and other ingredients are spread throughout.
This was made with a 5-6 quart crockpot for 9 people. For a smaller crockpot and smaller crowd, use less of each ingredient.
2 Replies to “Beef Steaks over Potatoes and Veggies”
Comments are closed.