This was made with canned and frozen ingredients that I had on hand. It had a chunkier consistency than the beef over potatoes and veggies did.
This included beets along with the beef.
- Enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot
- 1 qt. canned beef 1-2 lb. of cooked beef (stew meat) would also work.
- 1 qt. canned beans, drained
- 1 qt. canned beets, drained
- 2 cups celery 2 cups combined of celery, onion, and/or garlic would also work.
- 1 qt. pumpkin or squash puree
- Put enough water in to cover the bottom of the crockpot. Mix beef, beans, beets and celery in crockpot. Add squash puree until it is spread throughout.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Let sit with lid off for 5-10 minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Frozen veggies and beef, thawed, could be used instead of canned ones. The squash puree sweetens the dish.
One Reply to “Beef Stew”
Comments are closed.