January’s challenge is beef/wild game. The challenge:
- Choose a cut of beef, venison, or wild game that was locally grown in your area. This includes anything that comes from beef or wild game – roasts, steaks, bones, ground beef, meaty shank soup bones, stew meat, ribs.
- Make a dish with that cut of meat. It can be cooked in the oven, on the stove top, in a crockpot, on the grill, in the instant pot. It can be a dish where it is mainly by itself or can be part of a stir fry where it is a small part of the whole dish. The key is that it is a cut of beef or wild game that was locally grown. Check our currently available page to get some beef from us.
- Serve it with thankfulness and enjoy it!
- Comment here or email me that you made this. You can include a recipe, and your thoughts on how it tasted and how those who ate with you liked or didn’t like it, and what you would do differently next time.
- Deadline to comment or email me is February 6, 2018.
For details for the whole challenge – 2018 Local Food Cooking Challenge
What beef dish are you going to make?